Carolyn is a recognised expert on religious freedom.
Equality for all religions and cultures in the South African legal system
She will take primary responsibility for the research into the issues for religious freedom raised by the research. She will also have primary responsibility for the work on the international law on both religious freedom and discrimination, as she has both teaching and research experience in international law.
- Law, Religion, Constitution: Freedom of Religion, Equal Treatment, and the Law!
- Derek H. Davis.
- Law, religion, constitution: Freedom of religion, equal treatment, and the law [Book Review];
- The Book of Real and Imaginary Girlfriends: Erotic Poems featuring Hot Asian Girls!
- Challenges to Religious Freedom?
Beth is a highly experienced discrimination lawyer and academic with experience in empirical studies of law. She will take charge of the research associated with domestic discrimination provisions in the comparator countries. This will include research into the interpretation and application of these laws by the relevant courts, tribunals and officials.
- Law, the U.S. Supreme Court, and Religion.
- Freedom of religion in the United States.
- Journalist Resources.
- Section 2(a) – Freedom of religion.
- Religious Liberty Should Do No Harm.
Is separation of religion and politics a necessary precondition for democracy and the rule of law? These questions are addressed in this book through an analysis of the constitutional texts that are in force in different parts of the world. Constitutions are at the centre of almost all contemporary legal systems and provide the principles and values that inspire the action of the national law-makers.
After a discussion of some topics that are central to the constitutional regulation of religion, the book considers a number of national systems covering countries with a variety of religious and cultural backgrounds. The final section of the book is devoted to the discussion of the constitutional regulation of some particularly controversial issues, such as religious education, the relation between freedom of speech and freedom of religion, abortion, and freedom of conscience.